Monday 1 October 2012

Nubar Sun Gold - Sexy duochrome ahoy!

So I recently got my hands on a couple of Nubar duochromes and this is the first one I've tried, and CAN I JUST SAY.  I totally understand what all the fuss is about now.  I get it.  I am flipping the hell OUT over how sexy and amazing this polish is.  I feel like this is how other girls feel when they buy really sexy lingerie.  If you needed any convincing on Nubar and their duochromes, now is your time.

Enter Sun Gold:  It's a warm, intense orangey gold that flashes both intense and pale pink in different lights.  I would not suggest this for cool skin tones.  I'm glad I chose this on a cloudy day because I could really see all the different colours and they are absolutely stunning.  This is probably one of the coolest polishes I've ever seen.  I can't wait to try Pink Flame now!

Application was great, thick but not claggy.  Went on in two easy coats(though the first was a bit patchy), though I did have a couple of solitary little bubbles but I think that's due to the fact that I only just took it out of the mail and it was shaken around.  Every time I move my hands the colours shift, and it's a dramatic shift(picture what you see in the photos x5 for an idea of how it looks IRL) at that, not just a little itty change.  The fact that this is considered one of Nubar's weaker duochromes means that the others must be totally crazy.  I wish the camera were better at capturing this gorgeousness!

My glowy, warm-toned sisters: YOU NEED THIS.

But enough talk, let's see that sexy duochrome goodness!






17 comments:

  1. I'm warm toned and definitely need this polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really, really do. It's so flattering and gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. love it! Looks a little like one the the new Sally Hansen duo's "Lava" Flipping gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, sounds like something to investigate!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, love the Nubar duochromes! And Pink Flame has been on my wishlist foreverrrrr! Can't wait to see your swatches of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they would've come today had my friend not needed "emergency girl time", but tomorrow! I can't wait to try it, it looks like a slightly less intense, backward, brighter version of this in the bottle.

      Delete
  4. That is so pretty! What do Nubars usually retail for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've previously gotten them(or rather, one) on ebay for about $5-$6(which seems to be the norm there), plus shipping which isn't too bad if you wait to buy a few things you want. Or Wowwow sells them for about $9-$10 but obvs the internet has a better selection.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous. I have a few Nubars on my Christmas wishlist, and I'm pretty sure this is one of them... If it's not, it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really should be! I can't say enough how gorgeous it was. I had coworkers and customers commenting on it all night.

      What's on your wishlist?

      Delete
    2. Gold Feather and Reclaim! I'm looking through more right now, lol.

      Delete
    3. I have Reclaim as well, and you definitely need it! It was my first Nubar, and it's such a winner.

      Delete
  6. Aaaaand that's a new lemming!!! It's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I can't believe I never paid attention to it before.

      Delete
  7. Cool! Too bad I'm not warm toned :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me laugh, I'm sure it was unintentional though :P

      I don't know if this WOULDN'T flatter cooler tones, but since the first photo shows how IN YOUR FACE ORANGEY the gold part can be, it might be something to think about.

      Delete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...