Friday 5 October 2012

Nubar Pink Flame - And the love story continues...

Oh my goodness.  So if Sun Gold started the love affair, Pink Flame made it real.  This polish is just... So gorgeous.  And, maybe just maybe, a little more flattering on different skin tones, so you cooler toned girls, this might be one you can try!  I say this because the pink leans a little blue in certain lights, which may make it a little more versatile than its decidedly warmer sibling.

Pink Flame covered in two easy coats and was fully opaque(though on longer nails I suspect you may need three), but you see three here because I initially applied it without my contact lenses in, at 3am.  You see, when we moved into our new apartment, my bedroom came with the DIMMEST LIGHTING EVER.  I thought I did a pretty good job, but when I woke up and put my eyes in... I needed to fix it.  I just popped another coat on top and did a little cleanup, and voila! You'll see last night's errors on my pointer finger :P

Pink Flame reminds me a lot(and if people are interested I will do a comparison) of one of my favourite polishes, OPI The Show Must Go On from the Burlesque collection.  It's less foily and less shimmery, but the colour shift is very similar, and I'd say the intensity is similar too.  The dominant shift is bright pink to orange to gold, and it's similar in intensity to Sun Gold.

Also, I try out my new lightbox a bit in this post!  Still working out the kinks, but I think we're going to be good friends... My hands and cuticles are also much happier with my new routine, still not perfect, but I think we'll get there!  I'll be sharing my new findings with you all soon!







6 comments:

  1. I think the only question here is: why do I not own Pink Flame?!?! So gorgeous!! Definitely going on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting color, very beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. SH Lava-esque, but prettier, in my opinion. Wishlisted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautifull, its so pretty i cant even explain how much i like it haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah such a cute color! I'd like to see the comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, loving these duochromes! Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...