I haven't worn a pair of matching socks in almost 13 years(So more than half my life). Not only that but 95% of the time my socks are those obnoxious bright ones with pictures of monkeys on them. I don't know why I started it, so don't ask. Can I stop it? Probably. But I'm not going to try. The idea of wearing matching socks at this point makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm sure the world wouldn't implode if I did, but just in case I like to be safe. When people joke about forcing matching socks onto me it makes me feel real anger. I've been late going places because I couldn't find the right socks. Yes despite the fact that I don't wear matching socks there is method to my madness. You can't just throw any two socks together. Here is the system:
- Patterned socks go on the left foot
- Animal/living things socks go on the right foot.
- Two(2) patterned socks may not worn at once(See exceptions later).
- Animal patterns are the exception and may be worn on the right foot if needed.
- Animal socks can be worn on both feet.
- If one(1) of the animals on the sock is a monkey it must go on the right foot.
- If both socks have monkeys it does not matter what foot they are worn on.
- If a sock is gifted by a good friend pattern, animal or whatever it trumps everything and goes on the right foot.
- If matching socks MUST be worn I will wear "matching" socks. ie. Two(2) white socks that clearly aren't the same but it isn't super noticeable.