Thursday 23 July 2015

It is NEVER too early for Halloween!

Well today is the last day in the Wiki Challenge, and I am on time! Huzzah! This week the wiki article was Horror Icon, which I was super excited about. Halloween reminds me of autumn and I love anything that reminds me of that. Also Halloween is an excuse to binge watch horror films, which I love as well.

I was actually a bit stumped when I was trying to think of something to do. I had ideas, but they were all of horror icons I had already done manicures with and I wanted something new. So I decided to go with The Mummy. The funny thing is I have never seen a mummy movie, ever. No real reason why I haven't, just never really been interested I guess. But I have tinkered with the idea of doing mummy nails before, but ended up doing something else. So this seemed like the perfect chance!

For this I started with a base of black. Then I just added a drop of brown acrylic paint to some white paint to make the off white bandages. To finish I added more brown and sponged that on top and added red eyes. I love how it turned out and it was SUPER easy to to.

Hopefully I will be able to do some new challenges soon. Because even though I am late some times or I miss weeks they are still great ways to come up with new stuff!


5 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the red glowing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Makes me think of mummy monster in Scooby Doo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Can't wait for Halloween! Less than 100 days!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...