So this manicure was inspired by 2 things. One thing really good, and one thing a total fail. The good would have to be these Franken French nails over at Claws Up! I really liked it and thought it was really cute, but I wanted to try a non cute sort of version of it. That leads me to the second thing that inspired me. Almost a year ago I actually tried to decute a different Halloween manicure, and it just turned into one big mess. It was one of the rare times I posted a fail.
this manicure I actually used a lot of the same polishes and paints as
it did last time with the exception of the OPI and red Essie. I decided
to still stick with a more zombified version and leave out the
stitches. I achived the finished look by painting 3 coats of Essie's
Sew Psyched, then covering it with Seche. Once the Seche was dry to the
touch I would make a tiny hole maybe 5mm from the tip of my nail, and
then pulled down gently so it tore, and looked like the skin was pulled
back. Next in and around the tear I blotted some black acrylic paint,
then over that some bright red acrylic paint. Then to make it a bit
more real looking I added some Cult Nails Quench and Barry M Red Black.
(Note: I didn't clean my brush between colours like I normally do).
Finally I smudged some red polish and brown paint of the rest of my
nails to give them a dirty look.
This year I am really pleased with how my decuteting went. Hope you like :)