Sunday 1 April 2012

OPI I Have A Herring Problem or "Why my skintone is ridiculous."

So I debated the OPI Holland collection for a pretty long time.  As in, it took me over a month to decide if I was going to buy one.  I hemmed and hawed and finally I picked up I Have a Herring Problem.

I have to be honest, in the bottle, I loved this colour.  It's gorgeous and SO interesting.  On the nail, or rather on MY nail?  Blahhhhh.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, my skin pulls both yellow and red in different lights with different colours, and thus there can be some serious ugliness if a colour isn't right(See: Essie's Pretty Edgy, possibly the ugliest colour on me in the history of time).

This colour isn't HORRIBLE on me, it's just not good.  It made my hands look sallow, but somehow also made my fingertips look lobster-y.  I think it's too grey, and I should've realised the gold shimmer wouldn't work, but I was blinded by the bottle.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful colour, just not for me in the slightest.  I think I might go back for the other two(A Roll in the Hague and Red Lights Ahead... Where?) as a consolation.  We'll see.  Either way, Herring Problem is going to a better home with a co-worker on tuesday.




^ Blurred to show shimmer.  It's beautiful.. Too bad it's all wrong for me.^



On another note:  I hate seeing photos of the shape of my nails.  I promise they're actually quite square!  But they're VERY curved, so in photos they can look a little interesting.  Too bad.

What do you guys think of this colour?  Did any of you pick it up?

5 comments:

  1. I picked this up as well but I haven't tried it yet. I kinda scared to now.. my skin tone does weird things as well! I don't think it looks bad on you at all though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I picked out it's cool-toned counterpart from that collection (I Don't Give a Rotterdam)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh this color looks so pretty, and I don't think it looks bad at all on you! And I like the curve of your nail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try I Don't Give A Rotterdam instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this colour is really "meh" overall.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...