Thursday 12 April 2012

Illamasqua Nomad and some news!

So I've been a little missing lately because life has been crazazy, but I am making my triumphant return!

First things first:  Varnished Valkyrie is now on twitter!  FOLLOW US for all kinds of surprises, I promise they'll be well worth your while.

Secondly:  I broke a nail on the weekend, so I have nubbins for the time being.  Luckily my nails grow fairly quickly, so I should be back to normal in no time.  I have a few swatches from before, but there may be some nubbin posts in your future.  Just an FYI :P

And finally:  Some swatches of the beautiful Illamasqua Nomad!  As you know if you've picked up on a few things, we are Canadian, so there are a few brands that we can't really get here, and until recently Illamasqua was one of them.  Canadian Sephora stores now carry Illamasqua polishes, but not the makeup.  Oh well, it's a small step in the right direction!  For now I'll be saving the lion's share of my Illamasqua purchases for visits to the USA as it's cheaper, but I made an exception for this collection, which is one of the nicest colours I've found this spring.

One thing I love about Illamasqua is how they put out comparatively few products, but what they do put out is generally of absolutely fabulous quality.  I wish some other brands would take their cues from them.  Illamasqua is the longest lasting polish I've found, I've worn it for five days with tip wear and no chips, which is beyond amazing wear for me.  It's absolutely excellent.

So Illamasqua describes this shade as a "bright jade" and I think that's pretty apt.  This colour is stunning in person, really one that needs to be seen.  The colour is bright and gorgeous, but not obnoxious.  It's not mint, it's not aqua, it's the perfect bright jade.  Just amazing.  It was opaque in two coats, no dragging, and the formula practically applied itself.  Perfect.






Do we have any Illamasqua fans here?  What's your favourite shade of theirs?  Will you be picking up Stance or Nomad from this collection?

22 comments:

  1. I have never tired Illamasqua Polish, but this color is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Illamasqua is definitely worth trying if you can get it in your area. One of the few that's ALWAYS been well worth the price for me.

      Delete
  2. This. is. so. gorgeous. I feel like I need this badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you DO need it badly! It's such a perfect colour... Do it... DO IT! :P

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! A really stunning colour. I agree that sometimes Canadian shopping is a conundrum. The Illamasqua situation seems to happen a lot where we'll get part of a product line or we'll get the winter collection but not the spring or whatever. Argh! Just give us everything! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it??? This summer when I was acting in a small town, I found a random bargain store that had a bunch of brands I never see in Canada.. So weird.

      I'm glad we finally have Illamasqua though! I really want to try their makeup too.

      Delete
  4. I love the colours but they are too dear. The bottles are tiny and they cost €15 in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny? The bottles here are full-sized, same amount as OPI. Weird! But that is a lot to pay for a single bottle in any case!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! I've never tried this brand, but I've been hearing good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can easily get your hands on it, I suggest trying it! It's really well worth it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I really love this one. WELL worth the money, IMO.

      Delete
  7. I've been lusting after Nomad! So amazingly gorgeous. And do all Sephora stores in Canada now carry Illamasqua?? Because I will be stopping by there first thing tomorrow morning, if so. Loooove Illamasqua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to take some longer than others. The Eaton Centre had it well before the Sephora in the mall I work in did, but now mine has it too. Call ahead if you're not sure!

      Delete
  8. This color is stunning! I still need to try Illamasqua! Once I save up enough money... some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the only high end brands that, so far, has been worth it for me EVERY TIME. Try it!

      Delete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...