Saturday 11 April 2015

Smooth Braiding

I don't own a lot of Essie's. Actually there's a lot of brands I don't own a lot of, but when it comes to Essie I tend to stay away on purpose. I find their formula can be his or miss. The only time I ever buy an Essie polish is if I think the colour is super unique. This is one of those times.

This is Essie's Smooth Sailing. A STUNNING periwinkle blue, with fine flecks of silver, blue and pink. This is probably tied with Lots of Lux for best Essie formula. It was 2 easy coats, and it evened out really well. Funny story about this polish, I hadn't worn it in years because I wore it when I had some tests done at the hospital, and it always reminded me of the hospital after that. But when I was looking at it in the bottle the other day I thought "F**k it! It's too pretty not to wear!".
 

I also did some nail art that used this polish. I tried out this braid look. I had literally seen it(or variations of it) 4 or 5 times the past week on various social media platforms I follow, so I had to give it a go. I used striping tape, but the lines aren't as crisp as I would have wanted them to be, but as I learnt it's much harder when you start using more colours at once. You need to move much, much faster. For this I used Essence Oh My Glitter(which I need a new bottle of because it's amazing), Sally Hansen's Piqué Side, and of course Essie's Smooth Sailing.


4 comments:

  1. I have the Essie and Essence polishes, I agree I love Essence Oh My Glitter :) I have a few real fave Essie's, like She's Picture Perfect/Using My Maiden Name (pretty much the same color). Smooth Sailing I thought I would love, I guess I was in the mood for something flashier the day I wore it, but it's still a really pretty one. Essie's are kind of expensive in my opinion and I notice I don't tend to wear them as much as other brands, but that's probably due to my holo fixation...I notice Essie has never done a holo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nail polish and I love that braid manicure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all those polishes together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely too pretty not to wear!
    I am not a fan of Essie either. I have 4-5 ones, but I never wear them.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...