Friday 24 October 2014

I'm A Spoopy GHOST!

Sorry for my absence. I've been kind of all over the place the past couple weeks, but I'll save that story for another time.

Boo! I'm Spoopy!

Today I have something a bit different. I have these MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Masks from obsessedcanada.com. They are actually run by nailpolishcanada.com! Now I have never used facial masks before so I had no idea what to expect. Their line has six different sheet masks to address different skin concerns. All Nighter, Detox Diva, Weather Warrior, I Don't Wanna Grow Up, Beauty Rest'ore and Pre Party Prep. I ended up choosing the first three I listed to review.


Let's just get some basic stuff that applied to all the masks at once. They are described as "Hydrating facial sheet masks made from a thin fiber sheet. The facial sheet mask is designed to allow better absorption of vitamins and nutrients it contains." The best way I can describe them is they are like thin pieces of smooth felt, soaked in hair gel. They all have the same application process. 1) Clense and tone your skin 2) Unfold mask and place on face, and adjust for perfect fit. Rub excess serum into neck and chest 3)Leave on for 10-20min. Remove and discard mask. And either pat moisture into skin or rinse and then pat dry. 4) Use once a week, but can be used daily. Now onto talking about them individually.




All Nighter
Whether you were up all night studying or out all night partying, we’ve got you covered to face the long day ahead. Apply our ALL NIGHTER mask to awaken, refresh and replenish your skin. The cooling effects of the mask will help de-puff and awaken your eyes, while natural Peppermint Oil awakens your senses. Aloe, Argan Oil, Heartleaf (a powerful detoxifier), Honey, Super Fruit and Cactus Extracts work together to erase the signs of the previous night and get you “boardroom” ready!

If you have followed my blog for a while you know that at times sleep can be a problem for me. So there's many a night, when I don't get the amount of rest that I need. So I felt like this was an obvious choice. This ended up probably being my favourite. Not only did my skin feel great after using it, but that peppermint oil is amazing. You really do feel more awake after using it. When I took the mask off I rinsed it off a bit then patted it dry.



Detox Diva
Gone are the days of using harsh scrubs and drying clays. Our DETOX DIVA mask (formulated with natural Geranium Oil, Seaweed and Green Tea Leaf Extracts) helps to minimize pores, absorb impurities and protect from toxins and free-radicals without removing your skin’s essential natural oils. Chinese Plum, Strawberry and Lemon Fruit Extracts go to work to gently exfoliate and lift dead skin cells revealing clear luminous skin, while Argan Oil and Honey keep your skin happy and hydrated.

I used this one next because it sounded like one that I would use as a general go to. While this made my skin feel great I feel like for this one to work it's magic I would have to use it a bit more often. That being said I still liked it. It was a bit heavy on the lemon scent(for me), but that was no biggie. When I was done with this, I skipped rinsing it off and patted it into my skin.


Weather Warrior
Whether you’ve spent the day baking on the beach or skiing down the slopes, your skin has taken a beating. Exposure to damaging elements such as harmful UV rays, wind and extreme cold can leave your skin dry, flaky and screaming SOS! Caring for and moisturizing your skin after exposure to the elements is essential. Apply our WEATHER WARRIOR mask with Aloe, Green Tea, Witch Hazel and Argan Oil to help soothe, calm and heal your skin allowing it to breathe a sigh of relief.

This was sadly my least favourite. First the smell. I have these pore strips that have this kind of medicine like smell. These smelt like a mild version of them. I took it off, and then patted what was l decided to skip rinsing again and pat it into my skin. But unlike the other two I ended up with my skin feeling tight and feeling like I need to moisturize it. Which is a shame because I thought this would be the most moisturizing out of the bunch.


Over all I REALLY liked these. Dare I say even more than I expect to? All of them feel AMAZING on your skin while you are wearing them, and they kept their gelly, moistness, for the whole 20 minutes I was wearing them. Minus the Weather Warrior, my face still felt great and moisturized after I had taken off the mask. I will probably get the All Nighter and Detox Diva again. And I would love to try Beauty Rest'ore!

Anyways if you would like to try these you can get a mask at over here, where they retail for $6CND!
Have you tried this brand before? Have you tried face masks before?

*Products sent for honest review

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I absolutely LOVE the first picture!! :D
    I haven't tried these kinds of masks before, only the ones where you apply it as a cream or mud and then rinse it off. I'm not much of a mask person :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...