Sunday 30 March 2014

Essie - Lots of Lux: Forbidden Love.

So I will be honest.  I'm not a huge fan of Essie.  I only have a few of them, but in order for me to buy an Essie I have to REALLY love it... or get it for free.  Currently I have 5 Essies.  One I loved until I wore it because it stained like craze. Two of them I bought because I did in fact like the colours, and to this day I still like them.  Then I have one that I got for free, which I like because it was free.  Finally there is this polish, Lots of Lux.  I am IN love with it.  It is by far on of my favourite polishes I own.

Now buying it was a magical experience.  When I see a polish I'm thinking of buying the first thing I do is look up swatches.  Even if I'm in the store and the bottle is in my hand.  I always want to see how it looks as a full manicure.  Here's the problem with this colour.  In photos and when looking at it in the bottle the colour looks AMAZING.  But in photos the polish always looks kind of grainy, and sand like.  For me a nice textured polish should not look like sand thrown into polish or stucco(textured polish that does not have shimmer in it tends to look like this)  So I was torn, a grainy polish, but a stunning colour. I decided I just needed to have it.  It was too pretty to pass up... and it was on sale :P

When I got home I applied 2 easy coats of this polish, and I was blown away.  This rich, bold blue, that was filled with what looked like gold, green, and purple glitter was even prettier on the nail than in the bottle.  I think the problem with photos is the fine glitter does not photograph well, and because the texture is so fine up close it does look a bit grainy.  Long story short this polish does not photograph well, and you all need to buy it NOW!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you can still find it because I THINK it was limited edition.

Does anyone else here shop for polish with their phone out?  Checking reviews in the store.



8 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful blue polish, but I don't like Essie's price either. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add that only one of my Essies has ever been bought at full price. The ones I bought were either from on sale or from a beauty supply store.

      Delete
  2. It looks fabulous! I actually just got it in the mail, and am looking forward to trying it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous blue, and I probably would like it even more with top coat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see it top coated, but I didn't have it in me to do it at the time because apparently this polish loves to eat TC.

      Delete
  4. It looks amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore textured nail polishes and I adore blue, so this is really amazing nail polish! And, it would look beautiful also witih top coat! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...