Friday 2 March 2012

Sally Haul and BUTTER london Wallis swatches.

Hey everyone!  Sorry for my absence after my intro post, but I work two jobs, one full-time and another part-time, so I have very few opportunities to pause and take photos!  But now I have a day off on sunday and we will be SWATCHING IT UP.

Now, I am so excited to be able to show you these next photos!  I LOVE the Hunger Games novels, so when China Glaze announced the Hunger Games collection, I knew I had to have them.  I bought 6(7 if you count my Electrify backup!) and I love them all and can't wait to swatch them this weekend.

I also got two of the China Glaze Magnetix polishes(and the magnets were FREE at Sally!  SCORE!) so I'll have those for you too in the near future.  I think I'm going to get a third of these.

On top:  Electrify x2.  STUNNING.
L-R: Riveting, Luxe and Lush, Stone Cold, Dress Me Up, Smoke and Ashes. 


Magnets on top.
Pull Me Close and Instant Chemistry.  I think I might get the green as well.

And after the jump:  QUICK AND (not too) DIRTY SWATCHES OF BUTTER LONDON'S WALLIS.

So I'm not sure if perhaps I got a dud bottle, but the formula on this one left a lot of be desired for me.  It was thick and chunky and difficult to maneuver onto the nail.  It was opaque in two coats but I did three to attempt to cover up the slight chunkiness I experienced.  I used Butter London's nail fertiliser and topcoat, and experienced shrinkage, which I'm not happy with.

BUT it still gets a pass from me because of the beautiful colour!  I cannot say anything bad about that.  Look at it!  LOOK AT IT!  It almost glows.  I was getting compliments all day.  It's also totally unique, and I have nothing like this.  

I'd give it a B.

Blurry, but an excellent representation of the colour.  It's almost lit from within. 

 As you can see, I had some topcoat shrinkage!  Odd, as I used Butter London's topcoat!  Also forgive my sad cuticles.  Allergic reaction to something :(


4 comments:

  1. Ha! Great minds we picked up the same 2 colors of the magnetic polish. All the other colors i own in the Claires/Icing brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm PRAYING that the Icing in the mall I'm going to today has some of the magnetic ones so I can try theirs. I'm posting the CG swatches now, and I love them both, but my poor pinky nail was too small for the starburst :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I just bought a new camera and I'm still getting the hang of it.

      Delete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...