Sunday 8 June 2014

Watercolour Fun! (I also got an owie)

So this past little while I've been very busy. Generally I read blogs now on the go. The one thing that sucks about that is I can't actually comment when I'm using my phone. Is that just a thing? Or is my phone silly? Anyway's not to fear I still read all your blogs, I just can't tell you how amazing you guys all are :D

This week I took a tumble. I was lifting a generator with another person and I tripped. One of my knees looks frightening now. I'll spare you the details but it's gross. When I feel 2 things went through my head 1)I'm glad these aren't my nice jeans and 2)I'm glad my nails didn't break. Priorities.

So the nails I'll be showing you today I did a few weeks ago. It's my first water colour nails! I used this tutorial by Melissa Rose. I started out with a white base, then I covered it with a matte topcoat. From there I mixed a bit of water with a bit of acrylic paint, and then gently blotted and brushed it onto my nails. One important thing is that you wait for each colour to dry(which can be a pain in the bum). The drying time was a lot less when I used less water. But also know that if you use less water your colours will be more pigmented. Which was good for me because I wanted the look to be a bit bolder. But if you want a softer look you'll need more water in your paint, and a bit more drying time. When finished I applied a layer of topcoat!

I was really pleased with how this turned out. So pleased that I'm going to show you my RIGHT HAND!!!

Left!
 Right!

7 comments:

  1. I love wearing mani's like this, and IMO the color combination is spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! A both hands-post! O_o
    It's really pretty - I love the way the colours look together. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, perfect for summer =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great water colour manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I've done watercolor with nail polish and polish thinner, but I've never tried paints. I really like the look! Hopefully your knee feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your jeans and nails were safe! this is such a pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are beautiful! I love how soft and lovely the end result is. :) Sorry to hear about your injury. I hope it heals up fast!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...