Tuesday 25 November 2014

A-Z Challenge - Dark: Are You Local?

So some of you may know this about me, but I love writing comedy. In fact one day I would love to be a comedy writer with my own show. I am currently in a sketch troupe so of course there are other sketch troupes I look up to. One of my favourites would have to be the dark comedy stylings of The League of Gentlemen. They are very much the kind of humor I like and the style I prefer to write. I love going to those dark, twisted places that make you laugh, but at the same time make you think "Wow that is kind of messed up". When I saw the inspiration for the A-Z challenge was Dark, I knew I had to do something League of Gentlemen related.

My manicure today is inspired by the sign leading into the fictional town of Royston Vasey and the roads on the sides represent the new road they are planning to build into the town.  The new roads are especially alarming to  Edward and Tubbs, They own a Local Shop and you can see it in the photo with the sign. They don't like ANYONE who isn't local(hence why the road is a bad thing), and they have a tendency to murder people. They are also married as well as brother and sister.



If you are into dark comedy you NEED to watch this show yesterday! Here's one of my favourite clips from it. A cop goes into Edward and Tubbs shop, looking for a missing hiker(who they killed). And as you guessed it hilarity ensues.



Are there any fans of this show who also read my blog?

FUN FACT: This post was written in it's entirety before the manicure was even started.


2 comments:

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...