Wednesday 16 January 2013

My FIRST yellow polish! - BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish

Yes it is true I am, well was a yellow polish virgin.  Now I don't have gallons of polish.  I probably have just over 200.  But you would think that in just over 200 bottles of polish there would be at least one yellow.  Now I have nothing against the colour yellow I just always thought it looked yucky against my skin.

When asked to review some other stuff from the Born Pretty Store I decided why not go crazy and get a yellow polish?  I ended up going with the BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish in #19.  The best way to describe it is a SpongBob yellow cream, with uber fine shimmer.  Although as you can see in the pictures depending on the lighting it can look like a more vibrant yellow.  I used 4 coats for complete opacity on my left hand and 3 on my right.  I would have used 3 on my left but I had a bit of dragging which resulted in balk spots.  I think next time I'll use 2 coats over white.  But over all the formula was superb.  Easy to control and not too thick or too thin.

I should also add I don't know if this is 3-free.  None of the ingredients are written in English.  Minus the letters DBP in brackets.  With the help of a translator I saw found the words toluene and formaldehyde.  And the section that had these words was written in all black rather then white like the rest of the text.  So I think it might be.  But don't take my word for it.

Tomorrow I'll show you what I did with this polish on day 2 of wearing it!

Now tell me your innermost feeling on the colour yellow.  This is a safe place.

ETA:  Wait!  I do have a yellow polish!  It's an Orly mini.  But it only half counts because I bought it in a 4 pack and because I wanted the orange that the pack came with.  This is the first time I have intentionaly sought out a yellow polish.


 In natural light
Lightbox

Don't forget to check out the Born Pretty Store for awesome nail polish and fun, amazingly priced nail art goodies! And use our discount code (EAL91) to get a 10% discount on you purchase!

*Products were sent for an honest review

15 comments:

  1. Some yellows are a bit hit and miss but I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great shade! It looks so different in each picture, might be the lighting as you said, how interesting. I think this shade suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellow polish and I think this one looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty happy sunshiney yellow and it looks great on you! I buy yellows for nail art but I've never worn it as polish. Yours looks great, so maybe I will try with a pretty Spring mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very pretty yellow, and it suits you well - go and buy more yellow's they are addictive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty much perfect on you. :) I'm jealous. Yellows look like crap on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. That shade of yellow is gorgeous, so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this actually looks great on you! Yellows can be hard to rock but you're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...it looks very funky! I'm not a big fan of yellow myself, but I have some obligatory cremes that I use for nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es super bonito ese tono amarillo, me encantan!!

      Un besito desde  ❤sɔıʇǝɯsoɔƃuıʌol❤ te invito a que pases por mi blog a ver si te gusta y si es así a quedarte =D

      Delete
  11. i only had 1 yellow for a looooong time, but once i started blogging i bought...2 more. I know I'm just overflowing with yellows :-P but this one is really nice! i love how it can look bright or super neon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. About three years ago I went through a phase where I kept buying pale pastel yellows, trying to find the ideal one for me. I don't think I ever found it, but now I have 5 near-identical pastel yellows. Hmm. Maybe it's time to take up the hunt again?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that this yellow looks very good on you! :-)
    I have a similar story to tell... :-) I don't really like some colours like yellow and orange, so for a long, loooong time I didn't have any yellow nail polish... Then I found one that is a little bit like pastel yellow and I bought it.. :-) Well, that yellow is the only yellow I have and I don't know if he will ever have some new yellow buddies, maybe some light light yellow... :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...