Friday 20 April 2012

Cult Nails Quench

So I just got a nice box of nail mail from Cult Nails, and I wanted to try something out.  I picked up Seduction, Quench(x2, one for Kas!), and another bottle of Wicked Fast in their $5 sale.

So in this post you'll notice two things:  My short nails, and the henna on my ring finger.  My nail broke at my old job and so I needed to cut them all down :(  I'm hoping they grow quickly because as you'll seel, I'm not the greatest at dealing with nubbins.  I also went and got some henna on my hand with a friend who had an Indian wedding to go to, but I didn't realise til it was too late that I put it on my swatching hand.  So you will get little glimpses of my henna hand for the next little while.

Quench is a GORGEOUS blood red jelly(though it's a LITTLE on the opaque side for a jelly) that applies like butter.  Seriously, if there's such thing as the perfect formula, I think this is it.  I'm hoping it doesn't thicken too much with time because it's really wonderful to work with.  On my middle finger, you'll see that I decided to see how Quench would work for a jelly sandwich(or candy mani), and  as you'll see, the result is... Underwhelming.  I used one coat of OPI Servin' Up Sparkle in between two layers of Quench.

I really, really love this red.  It's a great shade that looks classic and modern at once, with a really nice shine.  The jelly finish makes it really fun to play with.  I used two coats for these swatches, but in the future I'll use three as I had a TINY bit of VNL in some lights.  The colour is really hard to capture.  It's amazing.

Cult Nails Quench - 2 coats, no topcoat, over Cult Nails Get It On.



This photo is the most colour accurate.

Do you like Cult Nails?  
What(if anything) did you get in the $5 sale? 

I will be posting a review of Cult Nails Get It On and Wicked Fast before too long.  
Have any of you used them?  What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colour! I haven't had the chance to try this brand yet but hopefully I will in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that one too! but for some terrible reason its in my untrieds...eik!

    I picked up Time Traveller, Awakening and Lets Fly at the $5 sale. I heard word of there being another $5sale sometime soon as well. I have no info tho, BOO-urns on me.

    Nice swatch BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful red. and i love the henna! i think its always so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. this color is gorgeous!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...